Make the perfect cupcakes for birthday parties and various special events with this recipe for Funfetti Cupcakes. Make these baked goods from scratch with easy-to-find ingredients.
Easy Funfetti Cupcakes Recipe
Whether it’s a birthday party, a family get together, or a bake sale, these funfetti cupcakes make fun and delicious treats! They are made from scratch, but super easy to make. Kids and adults alike will love them!
Would you like to make cupcakes from scratch? Instead of grabbing boxed cake mix for these baked goods, use this recipe for Funfetti Cupcakes. They’re not hard to make.
As long as you’ve got the right ingredients and a bit of time on your hands, you can prepare the batter, bake these cupcakes, and add homemade frosting to them.
If you like these, try my Funfetti Cookies too!
Why You’ll Love this Funfetti Cupcake Recipe:
- They are super pretty. Not only do these cupcakes taste good, but they’re also pretty! The addition of sprinkles gives them a fun appearance.
- Fresh ingredients. The fresh ingredients contribute to the taste, making these cupcakes taste better than any boxed cake mix.
- Frosting is versatile. You can add your favorite frosting to the cupcakes after baking them and allowing them to cool off for a bit.
How to Make Funfetti Cupcakes for Birthdays, Parties, and Beyond
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Set your oven to 350°F and wait for it to get hot. While waiting, place paper liners in your cupcake pan.
- Gather your dry ingredients in a bowl and combine them. You’ll need to combine the baking powder, sugar, and flour.
- Grab a separate bowl and add your wet ingredients to it, including the eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk, and vegetable oil.
- Fold your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and then fold the sprinkles into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into each cake tin and then place the pan in the oven, baking for about 15 minutes.
- Make the frosting by beating cream cheese and butter together in a mixer, adding a bit of vanilla, and then incorporating the powdered sugar.
- Transfer the icing to a piping bag fitted and frost the cupcakes.
- Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
These cupcakes have a vanilla flavor to them. The taste of vanilla comes from the extract added to the batter.
There are Funfetti Cupcakes because of the colorful sprinkles you’ll add to your batter. The sprinkles add color and excitement to each cupcake.
You can use any type of frosting that you prefer. Making it from scratch is simple. I used a homemade cream cheese frosting for my funfetti cupcakes.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Check the cupcakes. Check the centers of your cupcakes with a toothpick after 15 minutes to see if they’re done or not. If not, let them bake a few extra minutes.
- Store leftovers at room temperature. Store your cupcakes at room temperature. They’ll stay good for up to two days.
- Improvise when piping frosting. If you don’t have a piping bag for the frosting, use a Ziploc bag. It works when you’re in a pinch!
If you’d like to prepare moist and delicious cupcakes, try this recipe for Funfetti Cupcakes. They’re sweet, fluffy, and perfect for all occasions. You can make them for birthday parties and various special events.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Funfetti Cupcakes Recipe
For the Cupcakes
For the Icing
- 6 ounces cream cheese 170 grams, room temperature (¾ brick)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter 85 grams, room temperature (¾ stick)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 4 grams
- 2½ cups powdered sugar 283 grams
- Kitchen Scale (optional)
- Cupcake Tin
- Hand Mixer
- Piping Tip Set (optional)
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-count cupcake tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and sugar and whisk to combine. Set aside.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 cup granulated sugar
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.2 large eggs, ½ cup vegetable oil, ½ cup buttermilk, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold them together gently. Keep folding just until no large lumps of flour remain.
- Fold in the sprinkles.½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Fill each cupcake tin ¾ of the way full and bake the cupcakes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack before icing them (see below).
For the Icing
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.6 ounces cream cheese, 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add the vanilla and mix to combine.1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- On low speed, add the powdered sugar a little at a time.2½ cups powdered sugar
- Once all of the powdered sugar has been added, turn the mixer to high speed and beat until the icing is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the icing to a piping bag fitted with your choice of tip (I used a Wilton 2D) and frost the cupcakes as desired. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
- Check the centers of your cupcakes with a toothpick after 15 minutes to see if they’re done or not. If not, let them bake a few extra minutes.
- Store your cupcakes at room temperature. They’ll stay good for up to two days.
- If you don’t have a piping bag for the frosting, use a Ziplock bag. It works when you’re in a pinch!