Have a little fun in your kitchen by making these delicious, rainbow colored homemade Funfetti Cookies! They're perfect for any type of celebration, and don't worry - they're not just vibrant and pretty, but they're tasty, too!
White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookies
For my birthday this year, I might just skip the cake and make a batch of these easy funfetti cookies instead! They're delicious and impossible to just eat one of. Made with ingredients like sprinkles and white chocolate chips, each bite of these cookies is fun and scrumptious!
Next time you want to celebrate your child getting straight A's or your best friend getting a promotion, shower them with love in the form of funfetti cookies. They're a colorful, sweet way to say "yay!" After all, who can NOT smile when they see all those sprinkles?!
Why you'll love this Funfetti Cookies recipe
- Easy: These homemade cookies are made in just 20 minutes. Yes, you read that right! This is a cookie recipe that definitely won't stress you out.
- Picturesque: I think this can be said for any funfetti dessert - it's too pretty to not take a picture of! The bright rainbow sprinkles always photograph well, so you'll love posting pictures of these colorful cookies for all your friends to see.
- Delicious: Sometimes, pretty desserts get a bad rep for not tasting as good as they look. That's definitely not the case with these cookies! They're just as delicious as they are adorable.
How to make Funfetti Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and cornstarch.
- Beat the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed butter.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
- Once combined, add the white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Place balls of dough on to a prepared baking sheet.
- Roll each ball of dough into more sprinkles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool, then serve.
How long will these homemade funfetti cookies stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these funfetti cookies will stay fresh and delicious for up to 3 days.
To make them last a bit longer, you can place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, where they'll stay fresh fresh for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze them?
Yes! These cookies are freezer friendly.
They'll stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. When storing them, I recommend placing them in a durable Zip-Loc bag that's insulated with paper towels.
When you're ready to enjoy them, let the cookies thaw at room temperature for a few hours, and they should be good as new!
How can I make these even more fun?
The best part of funfetti cookies is that "fun" is literally in the name!
You can get creative with these cookies in so many ways. One of my favorite things to do is to pipe frosting in the middle of two cookies and make a funfetti cookie sandwich!
While white chocolate chips are my favorite, stores lately have tons of different options. Just the other day, I saw unicorn chocolate chips at the grocery store. Those would be too cute baked into these cookies!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Making these cookies around Christmas? Swap the rainbow sprinkles for red and green sprinkles for a fun, festive twist!
- Do NOT allow these cookies to brown! Usually, you can tell when cookies are done baking when they begin to brown around the edges. If these cookies brown, however, that means they're over-cooked.
- Let the cookies cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack. That way, they won't crumble and fall apart.
Next time you want to celebrate something special, or just want to make everyone smile on a Tuesday afternoon, whip up a batch of these sweet funfetti cookies.
More cookie recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup rainbow sprinkles divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cornstarch in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, or with a mixer, beat together on medium high speed the sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy. Make sure it is very light and creamed before moving on.
- Once the mixture is creamed and fluffy, add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix together until completely combined.
- On low speed, add in the flour, baking powder, and cornstarch mixture. Make sure it is all mixed together by scraping down the sides of the mixer bowl. Then add in chocolate chips and ½ cup of the sprinkles and mix it into the dough.
- Take a sheet pan and line it with parchment paper. Then take your dough and scoop out 1-inch balls onto the pan.
- Take the remaining ¼ cup of the divided sprinkles and roll each cookie in the mix, gently pressing into the sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not let the cookies brown.
- Let the cookies rest for 1-2 minutes before taking them off the sheet pan.
- Plate and serve.