Make a colorful, tasty Funfetti Cheesecake to enjoy as a decadent dessert with family and friends. It’s the perfect treat to prepare for birthday parties, holidays and other gatherings!
Funfetti Cake Cheesecake Recipe
When searching for the perfect dessert to make for the family, try this simple and delicious Funfetti Cheesecake. It’s not nearly as complicated as you might think to make cheesecake from scratch. Most importantly, once you prepare this recipe, you’ll have an incredible dessert to share with your loved ones.
Why You’ll Love this Funfetti Cheesecake Recipe:
- Funfetti goodness: The sprinkles in this easy cheesecake recipe make it extra fun and festive. It’s perfect for birthdays or special occasions.
- Easy recipe: Some cheesecakes are hard to follow, but this funfetti cheesecake is a simple recipe that produces a decadent and creamy dessert.
How to make Funfetti Cheesecake from Scratch
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add the sugar, butter, and oil, followed by the egg and egg yolk until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients, and then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
- Fold your sprinkles into the mixture.
- Pour your cake batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, set on a cooling rack.
- Combine cream cheese with sugar in a mixing bowl and bet until smooth.
- Add in your eggs and egg yolk.
- Next, add the yogurt, sour cream, and heavy cream to the mixture, followed by cornstarch, vanilla, salt, and sprinkles.
- Wrap the sides of the pan with foil, place in the oven, and bake for 90 minutes.
- Leave the cheesecake sitting in the oven with it turned off for an hour.
- Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack, and wait until completely cool before putting in the fridge to chill.
You’ll need at least 2 ½ cups of sprinkles to use for both the cake and the cheesecake. However, it doesn’t hurt to have extra sprinkles just in case you decide to add more to your cake!
Keep your cheesecake from cracking by leaving it in the oven with the door closed for at least an hour. Make sure to turn the oven off so that it doesn’t dry your cheesecake out or cause it to burn.
Yes, you can freeze cheesecake. It’s a great way to preserve its freshness until you’re ready to slice it and serve it.
This decadent cheesecake is perfect alone or with a scoop of ice cream added on top. It’s smooth and creamy with a slight vanilla flavor.
What makes this easy dessert recipe so amazing is that instead of a traditional crust you are adding the cheesecake on top of a layer of funfetti cake! It’s the ultimate dessert combo.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Don’t remove the cheesecake right away. Once it finishes baking, turn the oven off and leave it in the oven for an hour. This helps prevent the top from cracking.
- When storing the cheesecake, you can put it in the freezer to keep it fresh for a maximum of three months. Slice it once it’s cool and wrap individual slices in freezer paper.
- Add frosting or a scoop of ice cream on top of the finished cheesecake.
More Funfetti Recipes
Everyone will love this decadent cheesecake recipe. It has a cake crust and funfetti cheesecake center. It’s the perfect combination of desserts.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Funfetti Cheesecake Recipe
For the Cake:
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 Tbs butter room temp
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 ½ Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs sour cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup cake flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sprinkles
For the Cheesecake:
- 28 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup + 2 Tbs heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup yogurt
- ½ Tbs cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- To make the cake, in a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter, and oil.. Whisk in the egg and egg yolk until smooth. Add in the milk, sour cream and vanilla.⅓ cup sugar, 3 Tbs butter, 3 Tbs vegetable oil, 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, 2 ½ Tbs milk, 1 Tbs sour cream, ½ tsp vanilla
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add into the wet mixture and stir just until the flour mixture is incorporated. Fold in the sprinkles until fully incorporated.½ cup cake flour, ¼ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, ⅛ tsp baking soda, ½ cup sprinkles
- Pour the cake batter into the bottom of the springform pan and smooth out. Place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until it is browned to your liking.
- Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack while you make the cheesecake batter.
- To make the cheesecake batter, place the cream cheese and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on high speed for 3-4 minutes or until it's completely smooth. Add in the eggs and egg yolk and beat for another minute until fully incorporated.28 oz cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- Next, add in the heavy cream, sour cream and yogurt and beat together. Add the cornstarch, vanilla and salt and stir until incorporated. Lastly, fold in the sprinkles. Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the cake and smooth out.½ cup + 2 Tbs heavy cream, ⅓ cup sour cream, ⅓ cup yogurt, ½ Tbs cornstarch, 2 tsp vanilla, ½ tsp salt, 1 ½ cup sprinkles
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the springform pan with tin foil to prevent water from seeping in. Place springform pan into a larger pan to create a water bath. Fill the larger pan with enough water to come 1 inch up the side of the springform pan.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set but the center is jiggly. You may need to cover the cheesecake with tin foil halfway through or after an hour once the cheesecake starts browning to prevent it from getting too dark.
- Once the cheesecake has baked, turn the heat off and leave the cheesecake to rest in the oven for 1 hour with the door closed.
- After the cheesecake has rested, remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely. At this point, the springform pan should be unwrapped from the tin foil and out of the water bath. Once the cheesecake has cooled completely, cover with tin foil or plastic wrap and place into the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- After the cheesecake has chilled, run a butter knife around the edges to release the cheesecake from the springform pan. Release the pan sides and place the cheesecake onto a cake stand or plate to slice and serve.