Made with only five simple ingredients and 10 minutes of your time from start to finish, this No Bake Cheesecake Mousse couldn’t be any more simple to whip up! It’s lusciously thick, decadent, smooth, and easy as can be.
Vanilla Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
Dipping a spoon into this dreamy cheesecake mousse is an experience everyone should have! It’s deliciously smooth and rich, making each spoonful more decadent than the last.
As much as I love stuff like pudding and whipped cream, this mousse tops them all!
This is the perfect treat to whip up for yourself after you’ve had a long day and need a sweet homemade treat that takes only 10 minutes to make!
Oh, and this is a no bake recipe, meaning that you already know these steps are going to be wonderfully easy to follow.
Why You’ll Love this Sour Cream Cheesecake Mousse Recipe:
- Easy: Yes! This is a no bake recipe that calls for inexpensive ingredients and can be made in just 10 minutes. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
- Customizable: When it comes to garnishes, there are many different ways to dress up this mousse! There’s graham crackers, fresh berries, fresh mint, and more.
- Creamy: I love desserts you can eat with a spoon, and this perfectly creamy, smooth, and luscious cheesecake mousse is certainly one of them.
How to make No Bake Cheesecake Mousse at Home
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk the heavy cream until peaks form.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream to a separate bowl.
- Mix until combined.
- Add powdered sugar and slowly mix.
- Add the vanilla.
- Combine the cream cheese and heavy cream mixtures by gently folding them together.
- Transfer the mousse to a serving container and either serve or store. Enjoy!
Mousse isn’t cooked and pudding is. You’ll also notice that the two have slightly different consistencies once cooked and cooled in the fridge.
Mousse is a French dessert in its origins that has been around for quite some time! In old French, “mousse” actually means “froth.”
While most traditional mousse recipes call for eggs, this no bake recipe does not. Don’t worry, it’s still just as delicious as a mousse recipe with eggs!
In an airtight container in the fridge, this no bake cheesecake mousse will stay fresh for up to 2 days.
Topped with the berries of your choice and served on a base of crushed graham crackers, you’re going to love this mousse if you love a good classic cheesecake! It’s similar to enjoying a cheesecake, it’s just creamier and requires a fraction of the effort.
Whether you make a batch for the family or some just for yourself, you’ll be so happy you whipped up this easy-peasy cheesecake dessert! Eat a serving while you watch TV, sit in the bathtub, at the kitchen table, or however else you like to enjoy your sweet treats.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Make sure the lid to your jars are truly airtight when you’re storing this mousse in the fridge, otherwise a film will likely form at the top of the mousse, making it inedible.
- Gently fold the heavy cream and cream cheese mixtures together. If you try to mix them too thoroughly or roughly, the mousse may deflate and you won’t have the desired richness to it.
- The sour cream is optional, but highly recommended! It contributes both to the rich decadence and slight tangy flavor of this cheesecake-inspired treat.
More Cheesecake Recipes
All of your favorite elements of a cheesecake made into a simple no bake mousse. What’s not to love?!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
No Bake Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened (1 brick)
- ¼ cup sour cream optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- crushed graham cracker, fresh berries, fresh mint for serving
- Add the heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.1 cup heavy cream
- Remove the heavy cream to another bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Remove the whisk attachment from the mixer and add the paddle attachment. To the original mixer bowl (no need to clean it), add the cream cheese and sour cream.8 ounces cream cheese, ¼ cup sour cream
- Mix on medium speed until it is smooth and well combined– about 1 minute.
- Next, turn the mixer to low and slowly add the powdered sugar.1 cup powdered sugar
- Once all of the sugar has been incorporated, add the vanilla and turn the mixer to medium speed. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is light and smooth– about 2 minutes.1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add the heavy cream back to the bowl and use a rubber spatula to gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Once the mousse is fully combined, transfer it to your choice of serving dish and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Can serve in a jar with crushed graham crackers, berries, and mint if desired.crushed graham cracker, fresh berries, fresh mint
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.