The best cheesecake is full of chocolate chips! This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe is perfect for you chocolate lovers.
Best Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
Cheesecake is a staple dessert recipe that everyone loves. Classic cheesecake is great and all, but what about a chocolate chip version?
Why You’ll Love this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe:
- Simple ingredients. It uses items you most likely already have, and if you don’t, are easy to come by.
- Chocolate-y goodness. This cheesecake has just the right amount of chocolate.
- Easy recipe. This recipe is perfect for beginner bakers and even the kids can help!
How to make Chocolate Chip Cheesecake from scratch
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make the crust and press into pan, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat together the ingredients for the cheesecake filling until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust, and put it in a larger pan with hot water.
- Bake for 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 225F, bake for 2 hours, then turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door shut for 1 hour.
- After the cheesecake has been refrigerated overnight, make the ganache by heating the heavy cream and letting the chocolate chips melt, and then stirring.
- Transfer the cheesecake from the pan to a plate and pour ganache on top.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, then serve.
What type of pan do I need?
Like most cheesecakes, you need a springform pan to bake it in. For this recipe, a 9” round springform pan is best.
Do I have to bake this Cheesecake?
Although there are some cheesecake recipes that don’t require baking, this one does. The crust and the cheesecake itself require baking.
What is the Ganache made out of?
The ganache is made of two simple ingredients. It is made of heavy cream and chocolate chips. That’s it!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Be sure to use mini chocolate chips in the cheesecake filling as they stay suspended throughout the batter while the regular sized chocolate chips tend to sink when baking.
- Make sure to leave the cheesecake in the oven for an hour with the door shut after turning the oven off to allow it to finish cooking.
- Run a butter knife around the sides of the cheesecake before releasing the springform pan sides when taking the cheesecake out of the pan to keep it from sticking to the edges.
Chocolate chip cheesecake is the best way to get your chocolate AND cheesecake fix in one easy dessert recipe. You will love how easy this cheesecake is to make, even with the extra wait time.
More cheesecake recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Best Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
For the Crust:
- 1 c graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 4 Tbs butter melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 24 oz cream cheese room temp
- ¾ c sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅓ c heavy cream
- ⅓ c yogurt
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1 c mini chocolate chips
For the Ganache:
- 1 c chocolate chips
- ½ c heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Make the crust by first combining the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a small bowl. Add in the melted butter and bring together. Press the crust into the bottom of a 9” round springform pan. Place into the oven to bake for 10 minutes.1 c graham cracker crumbs, 2 Tbs sugar, 4 Tbs butter
- While the crust is baking, make the cheesecake filling. Place the cream cheese into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on high for 4 minutes until creamy and smooth. Add in the sugar and salt and beat for another 3 minutes. With the mixer still mixing, add in the eggs and egg yolks one at a time. Add in the heavy cream, yogurt and vanilla and mix just until combined. Lastly, fold in the mini chocolate chips. Be sure to use mini chocolate chips as they stay suspended throughout the batter while the regular sized chocolate chips tend to sink when baking.24 oz cream cheese, ¾ c sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 eggs, 2 egg yolks, ⅓ c heavy cream, ⅓ c yogurt, 1 Tbs vanilla, 1 c mini chocolate chips
- Once the crust has baked, remove from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 450 F. Pour the cheesecake batter over the hot crust in the springform pan. Place the cheesecake pan into another slightly larger pan, one that is deep enough to hold 2 inches of water. Once the springform pan is inside the other larger pan, fill the secondary pan with enough hot water to come halfway up the side of the springform pan.
- Once the oven has come up to temperature, place the cheesecake and water pan into the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 225 F and bake for 2 hours. Once the 2 hours are up, turn the oven off but do not remove the cheesecake from the oven. Leave the oven door closed and let the cheesecake set in there for 1 hour. Remove the pans from the oven and then remove the springform pan from the water pan. Let set and come to room temperature, about 1 hour. Once the cheesecake has cooled to room temp, cover with tin foil or plastic wrap and place into the fridge overnight.
- After the cheesecake has set overnight, make the chocolate ganache. Heat the heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 1 minute. Pour it over the chocolate chips and let the mixture set for 1 minute to allow the chocolate chips to begin to melt. Stir until the mixture is smooth.1 c chocolate chips, ½ c heavy cream
- Run a butter knife around the sides of the cheesecake before releasing the springform pan sides. Place the cheesecake onto a plate or cake stand. Pour the ganache onto the top of the cheesecake and use an offset spatula, rubber spatula or spoon to spread the ganache over the entire surface and allow it to drip down the sides. If you so desire, you can sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top of the ganache.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge to allow the ganache to set for 10 minutes. Once it has chilled, remove from the fridge and slice into 10-12 slices and serve.