When you need a simple and sweet treat, try this recipe for Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pop. These cake pops taste just as good as the ones you can get from Starbucks, but you’ll make them from scratch!
Strawberry Cake Pops Dipped in Milk Chocolate
If you’ve ever had a cake pop before (I hope you've tried our Chocolate Cake Pops!), you probably enjoyed it. These tasty treats are offered at stores and often provided as treats for birthday parties, baby showers, and other events.
If you’d like to make them at home instead of buying them, follow this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pop recipe. You’ll enjoy the sweet taste of these pops.
Why you'll love this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pops recipe
- So easy. These cake pops are so easy to make. It won’t take too long to put them together!
- They are customizable. You can customize the cake pops to your liking using different types of melting chocolate and toppings, such as colorful sprinkles.
- These cake pops taste delicious. They’ll taste even better than the ones you can buy at different stores. Homemade is always better!
How to make Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pops
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the cake box to make your strawberry cake.
- In a large bowl, crumble the entire cake with your hands or a fork.
- Add the frosting to the cake crumbs and mix with your hands until it forms a ball.
- Roll your cake dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Melt a small amount of chocolate chips.
- Dip skewers into melted chocolate and then push them into the cake pops.
- Before the chocolate completely hardens, add your sprinkles.
Can I Use Homemade Strawberry Cake?
If you don’t want to use a boxed cake mix, you can make the strawberry cake from scratch. You’ll prepare it with your ingredients, bake it, and then crumble it before mixing it in with the frosting to create the pops.
You can use this Homemade Strawberry Cake recipe if you want to make it from scratch.
What Kind of Chocolate Do I Need?
It’s best to use milk chocolate chips. Make sure you’re using chocolate that melts perfectly. Not all types of chocolate are good for melting.
How Many Cake Pops Does This Make?
If you follow this recipe, you’ll make 20 cake pops to enjoy and hand out to others. If you’d like to make them for a special occasion, you can double the recipe.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Move quickly. Make sure you’re adding your sprinkles to your chocolate as quickly as possible. Once the chocolate hardens, the sprinkles won’t stick to it!
- Customize it. You can use other toppings on your cake pops, including sugar sprinkles or chopped nuts, depending on what you like.
- Use your hands to mix. Use your hands when mixing the frosting in with the cake to ensure that you’re covering all the cake pieces.
Make these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pops with ingredients at home for a flavorful and enjoyable treat. They’re great to have at home and to give to guests that attend different events.
More cake and cake pop recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pops Recipe
- 1 box strawberry cake mix prepared according to box directions
- 2-3 tbsp white frosting
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- sprinkles optional
- Bake cake according to package instructions.
- Allow cake to cool after baking.
- Crumble entire cake in a large bowl with a fork.
- Add frosting and work it into the cake crumbs with your hands until it forms a ball.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Melt a small amount of chocolate chips. Dip skewers into melted chocolate and then push them into the cake pops.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips. Dip each cake pop in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off.
- Add sprinkles quickly before chocolate hardens.
- Chill until ready for serving.