Easily create a light, flavorful, and enjoyable treat with this recipe for Coconut Macaroons. They’re perfect to grab on the go or wrap up and hand out as a gift for someone special who loves coconut!
Best Coconut Macaroon Cookies Recipe
Have you ever had a coconut macaroon? They have this incrediblely soft texture and sweet flavor that makes them irresistibly good.
If you love macaroons, you need this quick dessert recipe. Not only is it easy to prepare, but it is full of coconut flavor. These are perfect for coconut lovers, but I bet everyone will love them.
Why You’ll Love this Coconut Macaroons Recipe:
- Easy: They’re a lot easier to prepare than most people think!
- Coconut-y: These are the perfect dessert for people who love coconut! If it’s your absolute favorite, expect to love these.
- Perfect for gift giving: Not only can you make these to eat for dessert at home, but you can also enjoy handing them out to other people as gifts. People love to get these as gifts.
How to Make Coconut Macaroon Cookies
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the lemon rind with lemon juice and salt.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and the shredded coconut.
- Stir the lemon juice mixture into the bowl with the coconut.
- Drop small bits of the mixture on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for up to 12 minutes.
- Let cool before you eat!
Not to be confused with the French macaron, a macaroon is an Italian drop cookie made with coconut, almonds, or other nuts.
Macaroons typically take about 10-12 minutes to bake. You’ll know they’re done when the edges turn golden brown.
Absolutely! Many people enjoy macaroons dipped in chocolate. It is best to let the macaroons cool completely before attempting to dip them, though as they can be quite delicate when they are still warm.
Coconut macaroons can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days. If you decide to chocolate dip yours, you may want to refrigerate them if it’s warm out. To freeze, spread macaroons out on a baking sheet and freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Transfer to an airtight container or Ziplock bag and keep frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Feel free to drizzle a bit of chocolate on top of the Coconut Macaroons if you don’t want to submerge them in chocolate.
- Stay close to the oven when baking these macaroons to prevent them from burning.
- Make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet so that the macaroons don’t stick.
These macaroons are a coconut lovers dream! They are easy to make and taste amazing. Everyone loves these little coconut treats which makes them great for gift giving.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest 2 grams
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 10 grams
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk 156 grams
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut 170 grams
- Kitchen Scale (optional)
- Baking Sheet
- Cookie Portion Scoop (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest, juice, and salt, stirring together with a fork. Set aside.1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest, 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut.½ cup sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Stir in the lemon juice mixture until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Using a spoon or portion scoop, drop small spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Leave about 1 inch between each cookie.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, just until the coconut flakes begin to turn a golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool completely.
- Chocolate Dip: These cookies are chewy and sweet, just the way they are, but can be dipped in chocolate or drizzled with chocolate. Feel free to drizzle a bit of chocolate on top of the Coconut Macaroons if you don’t want to submerge them in chocolate.
- Watch Carefully: Stay close to the oven when baking these macaroons to prevent them from burning.
- Prevent Sticking: Make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet so that the macaroons don’t stick.