This Air Fryer Monkey Bread recipe is the perfect treat to enjoy for breakfast or for dessert! It’s such a classic treat that you can easily make in your Air Fryer in amount 30 minutes.
Easy Air Fryer Monkey Bread Recipe
Monkey bread is an incredible treat that is sweet and sticky and that you can eat for breakfast or dessert.
The recipe consists of a soft bread that is covered in a sticky brown sugar syrup and dusted with cinnamon sugar. It’s called “monkey bread” because you pick at it like monkeys do to clean each other.
You use simple ingredients to prepare the Air Fryer Monkey Bread, including brown sugar, ground cinnamon, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and milk.
It won’t take long to prepare this mixture to make this yummy dessert bread that will leave everyone impressed.
Why You’ll Love this Homemade Breakfast Recipe:
- Simple ingredients: This monkey bread recipe is made from scratch instead of using canned biscuits. Don’t let that scare you! You only need 11 basic ingredients to make this completely homemade monkey bread.
- Easy recipe: Even for a homemade recipe, this one is simple to follow. It uses a simple bread recipe that is then rolled into bite sized pieces and baked in an Air Fryer.
- Versatile treat: This monkey bread is great for breakfast or dessert. It also makes a great treat to give as gifts for holidays or parties.
How to make Air Fryer Monkey Bread
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Grab a bowl and add your milk, sugar, and yeast to it.
- Mix well and cover the bowl with a dish cloth, allowing it to sit until the yeast becomes foamy.
- Add your coconut oil, vanilla extract, and egg to the mixture.
- Once it grows in size, add your salt and flour, mixing again to remove any clumps.
- Pour your dough on a floured surface and begin kneading it.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and let it rise for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your cinnamon coating by combining the brown sugar with the ground cinnamon.
- Separate your dough into small balls.
- Dip each ball of dough in melted butter, and then the cinnamon mixture.
- Place the balls into a 7-inch bundt pan.
- Place your pan in the air fryer for about seven minutes at 400 degrees F.
Absolutely! Follow the directions through step #4. Store the prepared dough in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. When ready to continue, begin with step #5. If you are using frozen dough, let the dough thaw completely before rolling it into balls – this will allow it to bake properly.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can always place the bundt pan in the oven and bake it for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. You can make microwave monkey bread! You have a few different options when it comes to cooking your monkey bread.
Yes, you can use pre-made dough. Many people like to use canned biscuit dough as it’s an easier alternative that saves time and energy while preparing a delicious treat. Omit the homemade dough instructions and start with step 6 of the directions below.
The best size pan to use for Air Fryer Monkey Bread is a 7-inch bundt pan. You will want to make sure that your bundt pan fits comfortably in the air fryer without crowding it. If you need to use a smaller bundt pan, you may have to make this monkey bread in batches so that it cooks evenly.
This monkey bread is great for breakfast on it’s own with a glass of milk. It also makes a great dessert option! It’s perfect for dipping in a cream cheese dip or my chocolate fruit dip.
Air Fryer monkey bread is also great for gift giving. Place a handful of pieces in a clear plastic bag and use a ribbon to secure it. You can also add a cute tag before handing it out.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If you find your monkey bread is too crispy on top or do not like a crisp to your monkey bread, you can cover the Bundt pan with tin foil before you put it in the air fryer. This will allow the monkey bread to steam in the air fryer more than it bakes, creating an extra fluffy texture.
- This monkey bread is great for Christmas breakfast! You can always add some green and red jimmies to the top of your bread to make it festive.
- Be sure to check to make sure your bundt pan fits in your Air Fryer before adding the rolled dough to it.
When you prepare this treat, you can expect it to be a huge hit. Not only do adults love it, but so do children. Enjoy it for breakfast, as a dessert or make a batch to hand out as a gift to your friends and family.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Monkey Bread Recipe
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ¼ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the milk, granulated sugar, and yeast. Cover the bowl with a dish cloth and allow to sit until the yeast is foamy.1 cup whole milk, 1 ¼ tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- Add the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla to the yeast mixture and whisk until the ingredients are well combined.1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 large egg, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Once the mixture is homogenous, add the salt and flour and mix again until there are no clumps of flour remaining.½ teaspoon salt, 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Dump the dough onto a floured surface and knead vigorously for 3 minutes. After kneading, place the dough back in the bowl, cover with a towel, and allow to rise for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the cinnamon coating by stirring together the brown sugar and ground cinnamon.½ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Separate the dough into small balls of dough about .5-1 inch in diameter. Dip each ball of dough in the melted butter and then roll in the cinnamon mixture until it is evenly coated. Place each ball of dough into a 7-inch Bundt pan.4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place the Bundt pan in the air fryer and air fry for 7 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!