Every holiday feast needs a dessert or two, and these Thanksgiving pies are the perfect option for your celebrations! Keep it classic with pumpkin or pecan, indulge in chocolate, or try something new for a change.
Pies, Tarts, and Desserts for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving may be all about the turkey dinner, but the feast isn’t over until you’ve had dessert. And nothing finishes off the meal better than a few Thanksgiving pies!
There’s just something about a classic pie that complements a savory holiday dinner. Whether you prefer the traditional options (pumpkin, apple, sweet potato, pecan), or something more unique, there are plenty of pie recipes here to serve up on Thanksgiving.
And if you need some non-pie ideas for your guests, there are a few of those here too. Dessert bars, cobblers, tarts, crumbles, cupcakes, and more will all fit right in on the holiday table.
Classic Thanksgiving Pies
No Thanksgiving feast is complete without the classics! These pies are a must to satisfy the traditionalists at the table. Find recipes for pumpkin, apple, pecan, sweet potato, and more.
- Homemade Apple Pie: Nothing beats a classic apple pie! Fresh apples and warm spices are baked together for the most comforting flavor!
- Pumpkin Pie: Another must-have Thanksgiving pie! Pumpkin is creamy, perfectly-spiced, and so easy to make.
- Banana Cream Pie: Banana pudding is piled into a pie crust with whipped topping and vanilla wafers. It’s creamy, fruity, and so delicious!
- Lattice Cherry Pie: This cherry pie is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Creating the lattice pattern with the pie crust is easier than you’d think, and makes it extra beautiful for the holiday.
- Classic Pecan Pie: The classic, sweet flavor plus the crunchy texture makes this pie utterly delicious!
- French Silk Pie: The rich, creamy chocolate filling of French silk is always a hit on holidays. It’s a great option for chocolate lovers!
- Sweet Potato Pie: Perfectly-flavored, creamy sweet potato filling topped with crunchy, brown sugar walnuts. It’s the best pie for the occasion!
Unique Pie Recipes
If you want a break from the typical flavors, these recipes are worth a try! Different flavors will give guests something new to eat alongside the classics.
- Sour Cream Raisin Pie: Cinnamon raisin is such a warm and comforting flavor, it’ll fit right in on Thanksgiving! The sour cream lends moisture and creaminess to the filling.
- Eggnog Pie: This tastes just like a comforting cup of eggnog! It’s a great way to get everyone excited to continue the holiday festivities in anticipation of Christmas.
- Banana Fudge Pie: This no bake pie recipe is so sweet and delicious. A graham cracker crust is layered up with chocolate ganache and banana pudding. Plus it’s freezer-friendly, so you can make it ahead of Thanksgiving.
- Buttermilk Chess Pie: This creamy custard pie has such a simple yet rich flavor. It’s perfectly sweet, and the crust is perfectly flakey!
- Peanut Butter Pie: Start with a chocolate graham cracker crust, add a creamy peanut butter filling, and finish it off with whipped topping, no baking required!
- Shoofly Pie: A well-spiced, chocolate molasses filling is the main draw of this pie recipe. It’s so good, and something to liven up the dessert table!
- Butterscotch Pie: There’s something nostalgic and comforting about butterscotch, and that flavor makes for a perfect pie!
- Caramel Apple Freezer Pie: This freezer pie recipe is a uniquely fun option for Thanksgiving. It’s made with ice cream and apple pie filling, so it still has that fall feeling!
Pies, Tarts, and Cobblers
More pies, bars, tarts, cobblers, and crisps for the holiday! These are all so easy to make, and just perfect post-feast.
- Blueberry Pie Bars: If you want to serve blueberry pie, but in an easy-to-share way, these dessert bars are just the thing! Same buttery crust, same blueberry filling, but better for serving a crowd.
- Apple Crisp: This is such a simple yet flavorful dessert that everyone will love. Warm cinnamon apples with a crunchy, sweet topping is irresistible.
- Dutch Apple Pie: If you want a bit of a twist on a classic apple pie, this recipe is for you. A cinnamon sugar streusel topping finishes it off for a bit of crunch, and an extra kick of flavor!
- Raspberry Crumb Bars: These buttery, sweet bars are great for a crowd. Like a pie or crisp, but easier to eat and share!
- Chocolate Cobbler: Rich, fudgey, gooey, chocolate-y…have I convinced you yet? This cobbler is amazing, easy to make, and can be made ahead of the holiday. Everyone is sure to devour this one!
- Chocolate Tart: An Oreo cookie crust, dark chocolate filling, and a sprinkle of sea salt makes the most decadent chocolate dessert! Refrigerate overnight so that it’s ready to serve when guests arrive.
- Caramel Macadamia Pumpkin Pie Bars: These bars have the flavor of pumpkin pie, but with a delectable caramel topping.
- Pumpkin Crisp: The crunchy texture of the crisp topping adds an extra layer of deliciousness to the pumpkin filling!
More Thanksgiving Desserts
If traditional pies aren’t quite your thing, there are plenty of other delicious desserts to serve for Thanksgiving. You can still enjoy those classic flavors, and add a little bit more variety to the dessert table.
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake: Take pumpkin pie up a notch by layering that creamy filling into a delicious cheesecake. This autumnal dessert is the best of both worlds!
- Chocolate Lasagna: Here’s another no bake dessert to add into the mix. Cream cheese, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and cookie crust are layered together so beautifully.
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes: Cupcakes are a fun dessert for family and friends, and they’re so quick and easy to serve. Chocolate and pumpkin is a great combo!
- Pecan Pie Cupcakes: Get the flavor of a pecan pie, in the form of a cupcake. These are so tasty!
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream: If you want a cooler treat to serve after dinner, why not make ice cream? It makes a good addition next to all those pies!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: You can’t go wrong with some freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies. And the addition of pumpkin makes them perfect for the season!
These Thanksgiving pie recipes are all simple, beautiful, and beyond delicious. And these fall desserts are great for any occasion during the festive season. So finish off your feast the right way with dessert, and enjoy!
Leave a Review