Prepare the perfect after-dinner treat with this recipe for Christmas Cream Cheese Mints. They melt in your mouth and have the perfect slightly sweet, slightly minty taste that is irresistibly good.
Holiday Cream Cheese Mints
Get ready to make the perfect holiday treat with these tasty Christmas Cream Cheese Mints. You can make them, place them in a bowl, and have them available after dinner for loved ones to grab and go as they please. These tasty mints are addicting because thanks to their sweet mint flavor.
Cream cheese mints are small candies that are made with cream cheese, powdered sugar, and butter. They are popular during the winter holidays but are great year-round.
Why You’ll Love this Cream Cheese Mint Recipe:
- Minimal Ingredients: You don’t need to go out and buy a bunch of ingredients to make these mints. Instead, you need around five ingredients to put these treats together.
- Perfect for the holidays: Cream cheese mints make a great addition to your holiday parties and are perfect for gift giving.
How to Make Cream Cheese Mints for Christmas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Put all your ingredients in the stand mixer bowl and beat for three minutes.
- Use a spoon handle to place three lines of green or red food coloring into a piping bag and then fit it with a star tip.
- Fill your bag with ¾ of the mixture.
- Place parchment paper down on a baking sheet, hold your piping bag at a 90-degree angle, and pipe little swirls on the parchment paper.
- Let the mints sit out for 24 hours before storing.
When stored in the fridge, these Christmas Cream Cheese Mints should last for up to 2 weeks.
You can quickly soften cream cheese by placing it in the microwave and using your soften setting. You can also heat it for 10 seconds, making sure it doesn’t start to heat through.
Of course! You can use any colors that you’d like. When making them for Christmas, you probably want to prepare them with red and green coloring. You can use other colors for different holidays as well.
Yes, these mints have a soft and enjoyable texture.
Taste the sweet and minty flavor of these delicious Christmas Cream Cheese Mints. They’re perfect to have for home and when hosting events with loved ones.
With only 5 ingredients, you can make the most enjoyable mints you’ve ever tried. They’re far better than those hard-as-a-rock mints that are often available at the grocery store.
Recipe Tips and Notes
Be sure to let the mints sit out in the open air to become fully solid before you store them! It takes 24 hours to complete this process.
Feel free to add a few nonpareils to your mints if you’d like.
If you don’t have a star tip, you can use any other tip that you prefer with your piping bag.
Making these Christmas Cream Cheese Mints is such a fun holiday tradition. Your loved ones will look forward to having them each year too!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Christmas Cream Cheese Mints Recipe
- 4 cups powdered sugar 452 grams
- 6 ounces cream cheese 170 grams, room temperature (¾ brick)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 57 grams, room temperature (½ stick)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract 4 grams
- Red and green food coloring
- Kitchen Scale (optional)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and peppermint extract together until completely smooth, about 3 minutes.4 cups powdered sugar, 6 ounces cream cheese, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a piping bag fitted with a star tip, use the handle of a spoon or a toothpick to place 3 lines of red or green food coloring in the piping bag. The lines should be up and down the length of the bag and not sideways.Red and green food coloring
- Fill the bag ¾ full with the cream cheese mint mixture.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the counter. Hold the piping bag at a 90-degree angle above the parchment paper. Pipe little swirls onto the parchment, making sure none of them touch, until all of the mint mixture is used.
- These mints can be as large or as small as you would like. Once all of the mints are piped, let set for 24 hours at room temperature to dry completely before storing.
- This recipe makes 6 cups of mints.
- Be sure to let the mints sit out in the open air to become fully solid before you store them! It takes 24 hours to complete this process.
- Feel free to add a few nonpareils to your mints if you’d like.
- If you don’t have a star tip, you can use any other tip that you prefer with your piping bag.
Leave a Review