Is your sweet tooth telling you that you need something? Prepare yourself these deliciously sweet chocolate chip muffins.
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
I don’t know about you, but when it comes to breakfast, I need something sweet, but not too sweet. These delicious chocolate chip muffins are the perfect grab and go breakfast. And, they make delicious afternoon snacks as well.
You won’t find a box mix in these muffins. These deliciously easy chocolate chip muffins are made entirely from scratch. So, get out your flours and sugars because you’re in for a real treat! Everything tastes better when it’s homemade.
Why You’ll Love this Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe:
- Not too sweet. These muffins definitely help with that sweet tooth, but they aren’t overly sweet.
- Simple ingredients. They are made with simple ingredients that you can buy in bulk and use to make several pans.
- Kids love them. If you have little ones at home, you will be their favorite person. These sweet treats are perfect for afternoon or evening snacks.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Sift together the flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the butter, sugars, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract until it’s well combined.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix in batches and mix till everything is combined well.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin trays, and put some reserved chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 15-18 mins.
For this recipe, I used semisweet chocolate chips. However, you can use any chocolate chips that you like including dark chocolate and white chocolate.
If you don’t have buttermilk, follow this simple homemade buttermilk recipe.
I prefer to just use chocolate chips in my muffins, but if you can add a variety of ingredients that go well with chocolate, including raspberries, peanut butter, bananas, or walnuts.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Save some chocolate chips. Make sure to save about 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips for topping your muffins.
- Mix chocolate chips into dry ingredients last. Sift all your dry ingredients, and then add the chocolate chips last.
- Keep an eye on your muffins. Check your muffins after they have cooked for 15 minutes. Over-baking will cause them to dry out.
Whether you are looking for a quick breakfast option, something to bring to a luncheon, or a simple brunch idea, these chocolate chip muffins are a win/win for everyone. Take them to the office, send them with your kids to school, or whip up a batch for afterschool snacks.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 240 grams
- ½ cup almond flour 48 grams
- 1 tablespoon baking powder 14 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 6 grams
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips 255 grams, divided
- ½ cup unsalted butter 113 grams, melted and cooled (1 stick)
- ½ cup granulated sugar 100 grams
- ½ cup brown sugar 107 grams
- 2 large eggs 100 grams
- 1 cup buttermilk 227 grams
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract 12 grams
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add chocolate all but 3 tablespoons of the chips. Set aside.2 cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup almond flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt, 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In another medium-sized bowl, whisk the butter, both the sugars, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract together until well combined.½ cup unsalted butter, ½ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Slowly start adding the dry mix to the wet mix in batches and mix until everything is combined well.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin trays, filling ⅔ full. Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top of the muffins, and bake them for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make sure to save about 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips for topping your muffins.
- Sift all your dry ingredients, and then add the chocolate chips last.
- Check your muffins after they have cooked for 15 minutes. Over-baking will cause them to dry out.