Oreo Brownies are the true definition of decadence! These rich, chocolatey brownies are baked to perfection with delicious ingredients like chopped Oreos, cocoa powder, brown sugar, and plenty of butter. Indulge in these Oreo brownies today!
What’s in this Oreo Brownie Recipe?
As tempting as plain homemade brownies are, Oreo brownies are even more delicious. That’s because they’re loaded with not just creamy, chocolatey Oreo flavor, but also because of the crunchy Oreo texture, too! The Oreos are also sprinkled atop the brownies, giving the whole dessert a delightful light crunch.
- Cocoa Powder: You can use any kind of cocoa powder, as long as it is unsweetened. I like natural cocoa powder.
- Flour: All-purpose flour gives our brownies structure.
- Leavening: A combination of baking powder and baking soda makes these brownies cakier.
- Sugar: Granulated and brown sugar sweeten this cake while adding a rich, molasses-y flavor.
- Salted Butter: Adds moisture, flavor, and salt all in one.
- Vegetable Oil: Keeps these brownies extra moist.
- Eggs: We use 3 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks to create structure and make these brownies ultra-rich.
- Vanilla Extract: Enhances the sweetness and the chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate Chips: Add a bit of texture.
- Oreos: Add that cookies and cream goodness and a bit of crunch.
Pro Tip: Double-down on the Oreo flavor by swapping regular cocoa powder for black cocoa powder!
Variations on an Oreo Brownie
Change up the flavor of these brownies by using different Oreo cookie flavors. Try Golden Oreos, lemon, toffee crunch, chocolate hazelnut, java chip, mint, birthday cake, dark chocolate, or peanut butter!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Oreo is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
You can use any kind of cocoa powder you like, as long as it is unsweetened. Natural cocoa powder works great here because the baking soda helps neutralize some of the acidity. You could also use black cocoa powder for a more Oreo-like taste!
To make these brownies fudgier, bake them for just 35 minutes instead of 40. You could also reduce the flour to 1 cup total (120 grams).
I have one word for you – butter! While other ingredients like eggs (and yolks) and vegetable oil also help create that irresistible moisture, the butter is what really stands out as a flavorful and moist ingredient.
Yes, and here’s a fun fact if you didn’t know… Oreos are vegan! So, the only ingredients you’ll need to replace are the eggs. Try other binding ingredients like half a banana or a half cup of dairy-free yogurt. Be sure to use vegan sugar as well!
In an airtight container at room temperature, Oreo brownies will stay fresh for about 3 days.
How to Store
Store leftover Oreo brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Enjoy at room temperature or heated in the microwave in 30-second increments until hot.
How to Freeze
Freeze Oreo brownies whole or cut into individual slices tightly wrapped in 2 layers of plastic wrap and 1 layer of aluminum foil for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
More Brownie Recipes we Love
- Cream Cheese Brownies
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Cakey Brownies
- S’mores Brownies
- Fudge Brownies
- Espresso Brownies
- Caramel Brownies
- Cosmic Brownies
Oreo Brownie Recipe
- 1⅓ cups unsweetened cocoa powder 112 grams
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour 150 grams
- ½ teaspoon baking powder 2 grams
- ½ teaspoon baking soda 3 grams
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar 350 grams
- ½ cup brown sugar 107 grams
- ½ cup salted butter 113 grams, melted (1 stick)
- ½ cup vegetable oil 100 grams
- 3 large eggs 150 grams
- 2 large egg yolks 28 grams
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract 12 grams
- 1 cup chocolate chips 170 grams
- 1 cup chopped Oreos 100 grams, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 35° F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.1⅓ cups unsweetened cocoa powder, 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, and vegetable oil. Add in the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla.1¾ cups granulated sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, ½ cup salted butter, ½ cup vegetable oil, 3 large eggs, 2 large egg yolks, 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir just until the flour is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup chopped Oreos
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Top with chopped oreo pieces. Place into the oven to bake for 40 minutes (see note). Once baked, remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool. Cut into 12 brownies and serve.
- You can use light or dark brown sugar, whichever you prefer.
- For less fudgy brownies, cook them for 45 minutes instead of 40.
- While these brownies are delicious when warm, let them cool for at least 10-15 minutes before enjoying. No one likes a burned mouth!
- Serve these Oreo brownies still a bit warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a real treat.